I combed 212g of my dyed fleece, blending the colours together and was left with just 89g of combed top for spinning. I had some similar coloured Kid Mohair that I bought from My Heart Exposed Yarns back in 2012.
I split the Mohair proportionately to the Jacobs and drafted them side by side, and then spun from both simultaneously holding the two lengths at the same time. I made a yarn that is 160g/556m.
I didn't really like the colour of the finished yarn so I over-dyed it. I ended up over-dyeing it twice in the same colour because the first time it was a little patchy and I had left the ties too tight and the dye didn't take in these parts, a bit like tie dying.
This time I used Greener Shades Dye at 1% made up of 75% River Blue and 25% Amazon Green and I love the colour that it has turned out.
First, it came out patchy but looks lighter than it actually was in these photos as I used the flash on my camera.
Then I done it again and took some glamour shots.
I will blog about the black from this fleece at a later date, once I have combed and spun it.