Sunday 27 March 2016

Black and Red Shetland Shawl - Design S207

I've chosen a skein of my own handspun for my next shawl.  I made this yarn about 3 years ago, you can read about it here.

I decided to make a simple scarf type shawl with a lace border in sport weight of 87% Shetland Wool, 13% Cotton.


I started on March 22nd and was done by March 25th 2016 and used all but about 20m of the yarn.  This design has you knit the border first and then knit to the middle and work short rows back and forth, knitting across extra stitches every time until you have knit across them all.  A simple row of eyelet lace for the top and and cast off.


As you can see in the photos below, blocking really made the lace border and the shaped edging stand out.


I always struggle to take good, clear, details pictures of the darker items, especially black or nearly black.  Its lovely, soft and warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment