The last pattern that I used to make baby jackets for, the one where I dyed one of them, actually had two designs. This is the other design. Its not lace but it does have a honeycomb texture to it.
I bought this yarn about 5 years ago when I was on holiday in Weymouth, on the south coast. It just called to me and its really soft and squishy. Its a long colour change double knit weight yarn which is 75% acrylic, 10% wool, 10% mohair, 5% metallic.
Because you knit the jacket from the bottom up and then just work on small sections up to the shoulders I tried my best to make the colours 'flow' and match for the main part of the body upwards from the 'orange' garter stitch border separating the honeycomb pattern from the plain knit. The sleeves took some a lot of work make them match, trying to find the right place within the long colour changes to cut the yarn and start work, lots of cutting and winding of the yarn to get what I wanted.
I decided to add three matching buttons and luckily I had just the right colours of the same button style. Another non-traditional baby item from me but its still pretty.