Saturday 17 February 2018

"50 shades of grey" lace shawlette - Design F201

I've been waiting to make this pretty little shawlette for a while but I've been working through all the various patterns that I have.  This is the third and final yarn that I made with first Jacob fleece that I ever bought and processed myself.  You can read about the yarn and fleece here.

I named this yarn "50 shades of Grey", because it does seem to have so many shades within the skein.  This is another "single ply" yarn and is of fingering weight, a tad thicker than the black and the white yarns.


The varied shades in the yarn made it difficult to see the pattern and I had to rely heavily on the stitch markers between each pattern repeat to keep me on track.


I didn't notice until I had completely finished knitting this shawlette and cast off that the two garter stitch sections along the bottom edge of the shawl are darker grey than the main section of shawl and darker than the section of lace between them and so creating natural "outlines".  How amazing is that, I could not have planned that in a million years and it all occurred naturally too.


I have to make one of these in a plain colour, maybe a white or ivory...

No comments:

Post a Comment