Friday 9 February 2018

Some of the cross stitch others have done in the past

I've shown you the cross stitch that I have that I have done in the past and now I'm going to show you the cross stitch that my husband and late mother have done.  My mother passed away about 16 months before my father, so when he passed away we had to clear the house and all that so my mother's cross stitch was divided up between the four of us "kids", each saying which ones they really liked and agreeing on which each of us had.  As I am the only one that cross stitches I inherited all of my mothers threads, fabric, patterns and unfinished/unframed pieces.   The only unfinished piece that I can remember was A Stroll In The Park, which had barely been started, all the others are waiting to be framed.

In the photos below, the first one, The Apache Marriage Blessing, that was a gift from my mom to us on our wedding day to go with The Spirit Dancer that I had already stitched.  The second one, the lady with the baby and the third one, the tram, I chose to have both of those when we cleared our parents house.  The fourth one is one that my husband done and it means "A hundred thousand welcomes".


My late mother loved Christmas, can you tell?


This was her favourite poem and the rooster, well he was in one of those flexi plastic frames that looks like an embroidery hoop but there is no glass on them to protect the stitching.  As both of my parents were heavy smokers you can imagine the state that was in an desperately needed a wash.


No comments:

Post a Comment