Monday 12 March 2018

Same shawl, different colour and different sheep - Design F201

After just completing the wonderful "50 shades of grey" Jacobs wool shawl I decided that it would look great in plain natural white.  I chose to make it from some Teeswater x Shetland wool that I spun up about 3 years ago.  This is a cross-breed wool, meaning that each parent was a different breed of sheep and so all fibres have the same qualities as opposed to blending the wool from the fleece of two different sheep breeds, whereby the fibres would have different qualities and it would be called a "blend".


My little Russian nesting doll style stitch markers are doing a great job in dividing each pattern repeat up.  They really keep me in check and stop me making big mistakes.


I think the final result is really pretty and it doesn't take forever to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment