Friday 13 April 2018

Blue Cotton Wrap - Design SB188

I've received some feedback recently, absolutely glowing feedback, but in that feedback my customer stated that she hopes that I make some more cotton wraps soon.  Well, after a lot of searching I have finally found some cotton yarns here in the UK that are thick enough for the design that she bought from me and also for another wrap that I sold a while back that was also made from cotton yarn.  There seems to be an abundance of choice in the USA but not so much here in the UK and with shipping and import tax it makes it too expensive to import it in from the USA.

The yarn is King Cole Whopper Cotton and the colour is Azure.


It didn't take very long to make this wrap but the problem I have with super chunky yarns like this one is that tires my hands out very quickly and makes them ache a bit.  I do have a touch of Arthritis in my right hand and I normally wear a support glove pretty much 24/7 but I do take it off for certain tasks and working this yarn didn't help.  Maybe I need to work slower or have shorter work time and longer breaks when using super chunky yarns to prevent the strain on my hands.


The above photos show it during the blocking process.  It may look darker in some photos but that is because it's wet.


The photo top right shows how it might look when held together with a shawl pin, which I don't have, and which is why I popped the tip of the shawl through one of the lace holes as an improvise.

No comments:

Post a Comment