Tuesday 29 May 2018

Spinning up Mardi Gras

Oooh I just couldn't wait to spin this one up, its just sitting there looking at me, pleading with me to make it into beautiful yarn.  I've never spun anything up so quickly after receiving it but its just so pretty and so soft I have to do it. This is May's Fibre Club package.


It only took me a couple of days to make two singles and ply them together.  I was hoping that I had spun it finer than I discovered I had when I finished.  I'm a little out of practice as I've not done all that much spinning these past 18 months, well, not compared to in the past at least so my judgement of fineness when spinning is a little "off".

Never mind though, it's beautiful, it's soft and squishy, having to prise it away from my kids who just want to cuddle it and keep touching it.  This is 102g/350m of fingering weight yarn.


No comments:

Post a Comment