Saturday 9 June 2018

I've bought some spinning fibre

I've treated myself to some spinning fibre that is actually ready for spinning, not as part of an ingredients box or kit that I am making to make my own yarns spun from raw fleece more exciting.

All of these I got from a fellow spinner who was clearing out fibre that she will never find the time to spin as she has a very busy life.

The first one, the larger picture, is from Cassiopeia Yarns who seem to have ceased trading, and is 190g of  Île-de-France, a French breed of sheep and one that I have never spun before in shade Demeter, named after the Greek Goddess of corn, grain and the harvest.

The remaining four braids of fibre are all from Hilltop Cloud, who is definitely still trading, and are all the same fibre base of 50% Merino/50% Corridale from the Nordic collection.  The Nordic collection is "inspired by the lands across the North Sea and the ancient mythology of the Norse Gods and Goddesses."  Of course, being Pagan, these appealed greatly to me and I couldn't resist.  There are seven colours in the range, I now have four of those.

First up on the top row in is Earth, Earth is as connected with the Norse Gods as Asgard is.  Then we have Frigg, wife of Odin and promoter of marriage and fertility.  One the bottom row we have Idun, Goddess of Spring and Rejunvenation and then we have Sif, Goddess associated with Earth, wife of Thor and known for her golden hair.

The colours from this collection that I don't have are Storm, Odin and Asgard.


No comments:

Post a Comment