Friday 20 August 2010

Glittery Mohair Shawl - Design F29

I bought some pretty Mohair yarn off Ebay.  It came with no ball bands or anything and other than confirming that it is Mohair, I really have no idea about it.  I decided on a design to knit with this yarn, which means working with charts for the first time ever.  I started work on 17th April and completed one pattern plus one pattern repeat and then I messed up.  It got put to one side for a while until I was ready to sort out where I had gone wrong and tackle it again.


It was about 3 months before I picked this up again.  I sorted out where I had gone wrong and finally figured out how to read the charts.  I decided that I wanted to add some beads to the border edge and selected some lovely turquoise blue beads to match the blue metallic thread in the yarn.  The beads are Size 6 Toho, colour 995 gold lined rainbow aqua and I used 475 of them in total, 25 beads per edge section.


You will see in the photos above that I have taken one with a standard sized stapler to show size and there is also one that shows the back of the unblocked shawl and how the pattern "egg boxes".  I finished making this on 15th August 2010 and soaked and blocked it.  It grew a little bit but that is usual as you are stretching and smoothing the lace out to show off the design.  Really pleased with how this turned out in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment