I bought some pretty Mohair yarn off Ebay. It came with no ball bands or anything and other than confirming that it is Mohair, I really have no idea about it. I decided on a design to knit with this yarn, which means working with charts for the first time ever. I started work on 17th April and completed one pattern plus one pattern repeat and then I messed up. It got put to one side for a while until I was ready to sort out where I had gone wrong and tackle it again.
It was about 3 months before I picked this up again. I sorted out where I had gone wrong and finally figured out how to read the charts. I decided that I wanted to add some beads to the border edge and selected some lovely turquoise blue beads to match the blue metallic thread in the yarn. The beads are Size 6 Toho, colour 995 gold lined rainbow aqua and I used 475 of them in total, 25 beads per edge section.
You will see in the photos above that I have taken one with a standard sized stapler to show size and there is also one that shows the back of the unblocked shawl and how the pattern "egg boxes". I finished making this on 15th August 2010 and soaked and blocked it. It grew a little bit but that is usual as you are stretching and smoothing the lace out to show off the design. Really pleased with how this turned out in the end.