Sunday 1 July 2012

Fairy Garden

I was shopping for some more spinning fibres on Etsy and I fell in love with these fibre batts from Weaving Me Home called Fairy Garden.  The description read "Like a walk through a magical spring garden, Fairy Garden combines Merino wool in a very light, pastel spring green with shimmering Angelina sparkles of light blue, lemon yellow, rosy pink and mint green".  That was it, those were now mine!


I've never spun from batts before, so this was new and I had to figure out just what to do with it.  I broke it down into sections and strips and spun it as a single and decided to leave it as single so once it was spun, I soaked it and then thwacked it, achieving 279m from 100g of fibre.  So, so pretty! 

This stayed in my stash for a while until I finally decided what to make with it.  I finally found the perfect pattern for this gorgeous yarn and made these fabulous bobble, cable and lace long-arm fingerless mitts.

No comments:

Post a Comment