Monday 20 June 2016

Pretty in Forest Green - Design LF433

I dug out another of the project bags that I made up when I went through my Twilley's Goldfingering working out what I had enough of in various colours to be able to make more of the 1970's style fringed motif shawls that I made earlier this year.

This time I am using lime green, pale gold and forest green.  80% Viscose, 20% Metallised Polyester.


I made a start on this on 19th April, working on it in the downtime between picking the kids up from school and having to start cooking whatever they decide they want to eat.  During the day I was making chunky shawls in a whole range of colours.

I took this project away with us on holiday, camping again but this time on Wookey Farm, a dairy goat farm with a low-impact eco campsite in Somerset.  The pitches are massive, which is good because our tent is a monster and we need a big one with two adults, two kids and a dog where the youngest child has quite severe ASD and needs a lot of room as she sprawls out, twirls about and generally acts like a "fairy on a gob of lard" as my late dad used to say, which is an old local Brummie saying which means "clumsy and all over the place".

We had lovely weather whilst we were there and got out and about to visit local places such as Glastonbury, Glastonbury Tor, Wells where Hot Fuzz was filmed and Cheddar Gorge.  I did manage to get a bit of crochet time, sitting out in the sunshine on the bench provided by the campsite for each pitch.  I was being blinded by the radiance coming from my little pile of flowers as I made them and took this photograph of how the sun catches on Goldfingering.  So beautiful and sparkly.


I didn't take any additional work-in-progress photographs, finishing it on 18th June 2016, but I'm very happy with the finished item.


No comments:

Post a Comment