Sunday 22 April 2018

Shetland Top - Lilac sparkles

I have a large braid of Shetland combed top that appears to be compacted, that's another one from the same supplier that is compacted.  Its probably no surprise that they are no longer trading.  The only way to deal with this is to put it through my wool combs and make the best of a bad job.

It started out as 240g but after combing I have about 130g of hand combed top to use.  I decided to add some sparkle to this but I can't blend it in with the combs so will have to just add it as I spin it.


I now have a lovely skein of sparkly sport weight Shetland that is 91.5% Shetland wool, 8.5% Angelina (sparkles) and is 142g/302m.


I have one more braid from this supplier to work through at some point in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment