Wednesday 11 April 2018

Vintage Daisy Shawl - Design DK428

I recently made 3/4 of a shawl when I realised that I didn't have enough yarn to finish it and it wouldn't have looked right if I had made it shorter than the pattern.  I also realised that it didn't have enough drape either, it was too stiff for this design and that was down to gauge.

I undone the entire thing, about 2 weeks work, and found another design to use the yarn with.  I had a few issues with this design as there aren't any photos that show how the motifs are joined together or what the finished shawl looks like other than the one photo on the vintage pattern that just shows it from the front and draped over the arms of the model.

Each motif consists of 6 rounds of crochet, with the 6th round being the one where you join to other motifs, and then you have to crochet round the whole thing once finished to make the nice edging.

Made from some of my own hand spun Polwarth wool that I spun back in 2012.


Before and after fringe being added.


Its been blocked and is modelled by my teenage daughter.  It reminds me of a giant dreamcatcher and I think its beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment