Saturday 16 June 2018

June's Fibre is here! - Rennie Mackintosh

The postman delivered my fibre this morning and as I opened it I said to my eldest daughter "I bet it's mostly pink with other a few colours".  It was a pretty good guess.  Here is a link to the letter for it.

Its got a bit of a "sheepy" smell about it at the moment, not in a horrid way, but in the same way that "new leather" has that distinct smell to it.  It's not the kind of colours that I would choose to buy but I do like it, it reminds me of a multicoloured squishy bouncy rubber ball I had as a kid.  I braided it up as I think they look pretty in the braids and I've managed to capture the colour brilliantly.  


Its really sad that there has been a bad fire overnight in the Glasgow School of Art Mackintosh building and it looks like it might be destroyed.  I hope that they are able to save it but I fear it will be pretty much a total rebuild.  If you've not seen the news about this here is a link to the BBC news page.

No comments:

Post a Comment