I had seen a free pattern by Lion Brand that I thought was really lovely and would be perfect to make for weddings. It was a lovely long sleeved lace bolero with a fluffy edging. I searched my vast stash of yarns to see what I had in the right amounts and weights of yarn. I had got some lovely pale blue experimental yarn from Colinette that was mostly Polyamide with a small amount of wool and I also had some Patons Showboat, which is a thick but short fun fur type yarn with a bit of sparkle and both were in similar colours. Perfect, and so I started work in early March.
I had a fair bit of trouble with the pattern and looked to the Lion Brand website for help where I discovered that almost every person who had written a review had actually given up on the pattern as they couldn't make head nor tail of it. I decided to persevere with it, figuring it out and almost making it up as I went along. It worked though and I wrote notes and included instructional photographs to help others who really wanted to make this design to understand how the bolero was constructed. I made two of these in the end, finishing the second one on 14th March 2013.