Wednesday 31 August 2016

Baubles - August 2016

A couple of years ago, when I was running my old business when I used to make tea cosies, hats, scarves, gloves etc I came up with the idea of crocheting designs over the top of plain baubles.  I started purchasing baubles when they were on discount immediately after Christmas and looking for the right threads to use with them.  I knew what I wanted to use and so started buying what I could find on Ebay and car boot sales etc.  This is how I have so much Twilley's Goldfingering in so many different colours.  I never did get round to actually making the baubles and so I decided that as the designs were going to be lace that they would actually fit in with my shop as a Christmas range.

I'm just going to put the photos of the finished items in the order that I made them as I didn't take any work-in-progress photos.  Smooth baubles can be slippery to work with, especially when you are trying to crochet closed the design around them as with most of the designs require the cover to be put onto the bauble at a certain point so that the design then closes in around the bauble as you work so it can no longer get in or out without undoing the design.  Glitter covered baubles are a nightmare in that the design can get hooked up on the glitter, making it difficult to pull it on over the bauble and you also get covered in glitter in doing so.  The upside of Glitter covered baubles is that the crochet generally clings to the bauble so as you work the bauble is not constantly trying to escape.

These are what I made in August 2016, with a few that I made earlier in the year when I was working out patterns and sizing.

60mm silver glitter baubles with vintage Twilley's Goldfingering

70mm silver glitter baubles with vintage Twilley's Goldfingering

80mm black glitter baubles with vintage turquoise Twilley's Goldfingering

80mm green smooth and textured baubles with vintage green Twilley's Goldfingering

80mm brown glitter, smooth and textured baubles with vintage brown Twilley's Goldfingering

80mm blue smooth and textured baubles with vintage blue Twilley's Goldfingering
80mm gold, cerise and black glitter baubles with matching vintage Twilley's Goldfingering

80mm gold, cerise and black glitter baubles with vintage Twilley's Goldfingering
80mm soft pink baubles with vintage burgundy Twilley's Goldfingering

80mm lime green smooth and textured baubles with vintage black/bronze Twilley's Goldfingering

80mm silver matt baubles with vintage bold coloured Twilley's Goldfingering

80mm black glitter baubles with vintage pastel coloured Twilley's Goldfingering

80mm smooth duck egg baubles with white Twilley's Goldfingering
80mm textured duck egg baubles with white Twilley's Goldfingering

80mm cerise glitter baubles with vintage gold Twilley's Goldfingering


No comments:

Post a Comment