Sunday 11 June 2017

One colourful yarn, three baby jackets

I've spent a bit of time making 60 motifs from a colourful yarn that I have for another baby jacket design.  I started out thinking that I was just going to make the 20 motifs needed but as I worked I noticed that they were coming out in pretty much distinct colours, a few were a bit "muddy" in the colours but most could be defined as "blue", "green" or "pink" and so I have separated them into these colours as best as I can in lots of 20.

So the pattern is another vintage pattern, this time from Patons for their Fairytale yarns and the original was all white.  I'm going to use the different colours as the centre of the motifs and join them together with some white brushed acrylic that I have that was originally on a cone but I have skeined up, washed and measured.


I started off with the green motifs and added the white around the motifs and joined them all together, followed by the pink and then the blue.  A nice quick make but really annoying with the amount of yarn ends needed to be sewn in when it was finished.


I really like these, they're certainly different from anything else around.

Please note that since making these I have removed the ribbon, due to a potential choking hazard, and replaced it with 4 buttons.

Greens


Pinks


Blues


I like these so much that I may use up the left overs of other colours of this yarn and make a few more.

No comments:

Post a Comment