Sunday 7 January 2018

A stroll in the Park

Now that I know how to create time lapse videos from photographs I thought I would make a few more from the series of progress photos that I took on a couple more cross stitch projects.  I don't sell my cross-stitch, they are either kept by myself or sometimes I gift them but they are usually small ones if I gift them.

This is another Dimensions Gold Cross Stitch kit that I completed back in 2014.  I bought this kit years ago and when my mother saw it she wanted it and when I said no she had a bit of a "toddler tantrum" and huffed, puffed and pouted and went on and on and on about it until I relented.

She didn't actually start stitching this for a few years and she didn't get very far with it, probably less than 60 stitches.  She passed away suddenly of heart failure in 2007 at the age of 65 and as I am the only one in the family that cross-stitches this came back to me, along with all her patterns, fabric and threads.  My late mother was left handed,I am right, and stitched in the opposite direction to me so I undone the little bit she had done and re-started this so that all the stitches lay in the same direction, the direction that comes naturally to me.

I have put a photo of the finished item first and then the work-in-progress video.






No comments:

Post a Comment