Thursday 28 March 2019

Oh so pretty - in the garden

I am really starting to enjoy my home and garden again, I'm slowly falling back in love with it after 9 years of the living hell of a horrid neighbour and her kids.  It's peaceful once again, which is what we loved about it when we bought the house 12 years ago.  Obviously there has been a bit of noise from the landlord having to put his house back together but the good news is that his own daughter has recently moved in as she needs somewhere to live and he's had enough of terrible tenants and I can't blame him for that.  I've not met her yet but she's quiet and you rarely hear her two kids.

Anyway, we have flowers in the front garden, all those bulbs that I planted last September are flowering.  I have seen a few bulbs on the surface, half-eaten, bloody squirrels!!!

First of all, the two trees outside of our house are in full bloom and they are beautiful.  We used to have three trees but a couple of years ago a large truck tried to drive along the walk and in trying to negotiate around the trees the steep embankment just behind them they got themselves stuck and ended up backing into the tree, cracked the trunk from the base all the way up making it unsafe and it had to be cut down.

This is my view from the upstairs window in front of which I sit and knit or crochet. There is a large tree behind it in the distance.

In our own front garden we have various flowering bulbs and a magnolia tree that are in bloom.


I particularly like this batch of photos that I took with my Canon camera, yes, amazingly I took these, they're not stock photos from the internet, they're just so much more focused and detailed than those taken with my mobile phone.  There are a couple in the batch above that I took with my camera too but most were taken with my phone.


No comments:

Post a Comment