Wednesday 25 September 2019

September's Fibre has arrived - Humboldt plus more Peak District

I've been looking forward to receiving this one since the letter arrived telling me that its based on the colouration of the Humboldt Penguin.  Just gotta love the funny penguins and a little bit of Happy Feet.  Its nice, I like it, and its soft too.  45% South American Wool, 25% Merino, 25% Llama, 5% Viscose Tweed Nepps.  This will be interesting when its spun up and I think the little bits of colour will be very subtle.


I also had the chance to buy some more fibre from past months so I bought an additional 300g of Peak District from back in April bringing my total of that fibre to a whopping 400g but it is suggested that it might be best spun around aran weight so I would need a good amount to be able to make a decent sized shawl.  I'll just pop a reminder of that fibre here.




No comments:

Post a Comment