Tuesday 17 March 2020

Spinning up The Thin Blue Line

I'm working on getting some of the fibre club braids spun up, working from the oldest that I have and working forwards.  This one is from just over a year ago called The Thin Blue Line.

This is another one that I managed to get another 300g of recently, this time from someone else's destash.  I spun it from the end, worsted style but spun it fairly thickly, to worsted weight and I have four skeins which total 381g/424m. Washing and rinsing this took forever as it kept bleeding dye into the water, as is often the case with blue fibres, but I kept rinsing until it bled no more else I will have dye leak onto my knitting needles and hands when I knit with this.

Its 62.5% Merino, 25% Sari Silk, 12.5% Bamboo Rayon and is soft and squishy and you just want to cuddle up with this.



No comments:

Post a Comment