Sunday 28 February 2021

Blending the Llanwenog

About 10 days ago I wrote a post about combing the rust/brick red Llanwenog fleece and said that I need to figure out what I want to blend with it to make it more interesting.  I have a few purchased braids of fibre of a similar main colour that have been blended with yellows or greens and I wanted something a little different.  The list of blend ingredients is quite large.

Top row: Llanwenog, 4g of Trilobal Nylon in shade "Sun".  
Bottom row: 5g of goodie bag blend, 31g Ceilidh in shade "Beltane"


Top row: 5g of goodie bag blend, 8g of Rose Quartz gradient pack sample.  
Bottom row: 4g Tussah Silk in shade "Saffron", 12g of 23 micron Merino in shade "Denim"


Top row: 2g of silk noil in shade "Colbalt", 4g of 70/30 Merino/Silk blend in shade "Soft Fruit"
Bottom row: 3g of Merino in shade "Red", 3g of silk in a fruity shade.


The result of all this fluff blended together on my blending hackle and dizzed off then braided is...



I'm not 100% happy, it's not quite as I had hoped but let's see how it spins up.


No comments:

Post a Comment