Sunday 7 April 2024

Spinning the Llandovery Whiteface Hill blend - Foxes and Pumpkins

At the end of November I was playing with my blending hackle and created this fibre for spinning.  I have finally found some time to sit down and get some spinning done over the Easter break.  During the pre-draft I had to try my best to ensure that various lumps and bumps of the additions to the wool were spread out along the length and then during the spinning process, which I started on 2nd April, I had to make sure that I pulled apart and thinned out the lumps of Silk Noil as I went and ensured that they were well secured in with the spin and again on the ply.  



I've not gone for anything really fine due to the amount of lumps and bumps that I put into the blend and so I've spun this up to Double Knit weight (11 wpi), producing two skeins for a total of 193g/457m.  The fibre content is 75% Llandovery Whiteface Hill Wool, 9% Tussah Silk, 6% Trilobal Nylon, 5% Silk Noil, 5% Hemp.

No comments:

Post a Comment