Saturday 31 August 2024

Continuing to spin some older fibres

This is an older fibre from March 2015, although I have only owned it since May 2022 after purchasing it from another spinner who was having a destash, and this another fibre that was from the monthly fibre club that I used to participate in between May 2018 and May 2020, but from its earlier days.

This one is called "Suffragette" and there are two braids, which total 212g together.  The fibre content is 49% Merino, 17% Corriedale, 17% Bluefaced Leicester, 17% Bamboo.


With this one I did a very simple break the braid into two lengths, pre-draft, spin from the end and ply together to create two very straight forward 2ply skeins.

These yarns have spun up as fingering weight and there is 212g/743m of soft, squishy yarn.  It's not my favourite colour, it is a dark green with a kind of dark smokey mauve-grey colour.  It does remind me a lot of another from the same fibre club that I spun a long time ago that was called "Emerald City" and I've included photos of that yarn below and as you can see they are almost identical.  The fibre content on that one was 50% Merino, 25% Bluefaced Leicester, 12.5% Mulberry Silk, 12.5% Bamboo and that also spun up to fingering weight.


No comments:

Post a Comment