Way back in 2014 I helped a friend of a friend out by taking a number of Jacobs fleece off her hands, see this post for more details on that.
I numbered all the fleece and kept fleece's 2, 5, 9 and 16 for myself, along with a rubbish one that was only good for binning or making into a rug. This is what I did with fleece No.9, a predominantly white fleece with very little black, a large section of cotted fleece in the middle and weighing 2.1kg but the rest is very long stapled and lanolin rich, a spinners dream.
It washed up really nice and I began combing this fleece in January 2017. After combing I have 816g of lovely hand-combed white fibre waiting to be spun. I will get to the black fibres at a later date.
I worked on the white parts of this fleece on and off between January and August, finishing off with the dyeing in August. Its a large amount of fleece to work on and I've had a lot going on this year with various hospital appointments and major surgery.
I spun one bobbin up in February and this got put to one side until I had time over the Easter break to get back to spinning and then I completed two skeins in less than a week. In total, I made 4 skeins of yarn from the white part of the fleece in different yarn weights and I after I cooked some homegrown beetroot I transferred the liquid from my cooking pot to my dye pot and dyed all four skeins at the same time, the same colour. They have all turned out a variegated yellow colour which I am reasonably pleased with.