Friday 9 February 2018

Some of the cross stitch I've done in the past

I've been blogging a bit about the cross stitch that I like to do as a hobby, when I can when I'm not doing business thing or being a busy mom and wife.  This post is just to show some of the work that I've done in the past.  Some are framed and hanging on the walls around the house whilst others are waiting to be framed and are in a box but all of these have been stitched by me.  They're not all here as some I have done and gifted like the big galleon ship for my brother and the big bride and groom one also for my brother and countless others.

In the photos below: The very first one I done in infant school when I was 5 years old, it still attached to the piece of paper with my details on it my teacher used to display it on the wall in the school hall.  The second one is something I done at home during the summer holidays when I was 9 years old.


In the photos below: the first one is a cute Christmas mouse that I done when I was about 13 or 14 years old and the final one is cross stitch but on printed cotton and I was in my teens when I done that one.


In the photos below: I need to re-frame the first one, it fell off the wall and the frame broke into pieces.  I made the matt using framing card and some lace.  The Dragon Castle I done in my late teens during my college days and the last one was probably about 10 years ago, I can't remember.


In the photos below: The cottage was stitched before the dragon above, the dolphins was stitched secretly 16-17 years ago as a wedding present to my husband, that was fun, working on it during my lunch break at work and at home when he was on a late shift or working over the weekend and having to hide it in the flat and sneak it back out the next day or after the weekend.  He had no idea whatsoever of that one.  The last one, again I think I was in my teens.
In the photos below: The first one I think I was in my early 20's, middle one I done when I had my kids and the last one was about 2000-01 cos I know I was with my husband then but we weren't married but we were living in the flat.


In the photos below: The first one was about 5 or 6 years ago I think, the second one I think I was late teens and the last one was about 6 or 7 years ago I think, could be longer, doesn't time fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment