Thursday 27 December 2018

December's Fibre is here - Pink

It has arrived a few days after the letter.  My worst nightmare has arrived this morning.  Thank you Mr Postman, not!

It is definitely very pink and very, very soft but it is extremely pink, I don't see this as an accent shade of pink.  The natural grey of the Peduncle Silk definitely softens the vulgarity of the pink a little though.  75% Merino, 25% Peduncle Silk.

So, Peduncle Silk, what is that?  Well it comes from the tropical Tasar Caterpillar in India and when it spins a cocoon the first thing it makes is a kind of stem, which is called a Peduncle, and the cocoon hangs from that.  It has a shorter staple and greater bulk than many other types of silk and is a gorgeous natural grey-brown colour.



I don't like this one, its just the colour of it but then I have to knit and spin for my customers who do like pink so I will probably get around to this one at some point and if I really, really can't face it I could always over-dye it with blue to get something in the purple range.

No comments:

Post a Comment