Thursday 21 February 2019

Spinning up Iron Age

Next to be spun is Iron Age, which is the fibre from the month fibre club for October.  When this arrived and I blogged about it, I commented that I had an amount of samples which matched exactly.  Well, they appeared to match exactly, almost exactly, but not quite as it turned out.


I split the main braid down the middle and spun it from the end, worsted style, adding in the samples on the end.  It wasn't until I plied it and wound it off that I noticed that the end where the samples were spun was much browner than the main part.  I wound off the darker section separately so that these could potentially be used on the same project but maybe the darker section kept for an edging or used with another yarn to create stripes.

The fibre content is 58.5% Merino Wool, 25% Bluefaced Leicester Wool, 12.5% Mulberry Silk, 4% Stellina.  The large skein is 85g/267m and the smaller skein is 38g/127m.

No comments:

Post a Comment