Sunday 12 May 2019

Painting the new fence

Oh dear, we seem to have some green eyed monsters living very close to us.  The looks we have had since we put the new fence in.  What???  How dare we make improvements to our home and garden so much so that ours now looks better than theirs.  I've overheard them whispering to our direct neighbours about the new fence, asking who put it in, hinting that its not in straight, that the posts are leaning blah blah blah.  He needs to put his head on straight because I've had a spirit level on those posts to double check and they are perfectly straight, as is the fence, but what clearly isn't straight is our neighbours shed, its higher one end than the other.  Nope, not our fence on the piss mate, its your best mate's shed.

We really have had some stares and looks of them, really jealous looks as well.  Grow the hell up, you're not the only ones allowed to have nice things in your garden.  Gees!!!!

So, one of the things that has put the cat amongst the pigeons is that I have started painting the new fence at the back the same blue that I painted the front fence last September.  They looks they gave me back then were hilarious.  I just laugh at them because they're reactions are so ridiculous!  At least I get free entertainment.  Today though, I had been out there painting for literally less than 5 minutes when I could hear them whispering just the other side of the fence.  I'm not deaf or hard of hearing so could hear everything they said.  I was painting the back gate so it wasn't like there was blue paint seeping through to their side or anything but it took all my strength to stop myself from saying "Yes, I AM painting it Tardis Blue, you have a problem with that?  Cos tough shit, its our house, our fence, not yours so mind your bloody own business".

Now, I did say I was painting the fence and not myself didn't I?


The first place I started was the bottom corner so that once its dried and we can see if it will need a second coat of paint or not and then we can make a start on building the new shed as soon as hubby gets to his day off if we can and then finish painting the fence afterwards.  I've painted four 6ft x6ft fence panels using a brush today in the blazing hot sun. In the meantime, I can carry on painting the rest of the fence.




No comments:

Post a Comment