Monday 20 May 2019

The garden is coming along and the neighbours are getting greener.

Since my last post I have finished painting all of the fence panels and the other side of the back gate and the two panels across the back of the garden.  We have also erected the shed over the weekend and made a start on painting that too as well as installing a small gate to stop the dog from going down the bottom of the garden and weeing everywhere killing all my plants.  We had one there before but thanks to a certain person messing with the fence it got wrecked and we had to remove it.  We put one back on so that I can reclaim that bit of garden back and she will no longer get under our feet when we are in and out the back gate bringing things in.  We have also bought two small cheap fence panels to replace the rotten ones that separated the garden and provided shelter for the chickens.  Its not what we wanted to get because what we wanted to get you can buy in multiples of 5 panels and we only need 2.  It will do for now.

I actually fell asleep on the sofa the other day after painting 5 more fence panels, that is not like me, but it has been very hot as well.

I'm still seeing jealous faces and hearing grumbles from a certain local couple and I am still laughing at them for their childish behaviour over us improving our property.  It needed to be done and it's what normal people do from time to time to maintain their homes.


So, the new huge shed is up so even more green eyed monster looks from the neighbours and we have dug over the vegetable garden and laid a bit of a better path between the shed and the little garden using the stepping stones from the main garden that just kept sliding everywhere.  We will sort that part out with something else or just put extra bark chips down and walk on that as it is.  The doors weren't on the shed when I gave it a first coat of paint so they had to be painted first and then I gave the whole thing a second coat of paint as in the last photo.

I've tidied up the little garden at the bottom properly now, ready to plant up when we get back from our impending camping holiday.   I did give it a quick tidy after the builders left because they had completely covered up my black mondo grass at the back, the thing that looks like a scrumpled up black plastic bag and there were piles of clay, stones, bricks and rubbish all over this little garden after they left.



I bought these garden light/sculptures a few weeks ago from Aldi, only £14 each.  They spin in the wind and they're solar powered so they light up at night.  I have noticed that the green eyed monsters have a large sculpture in their back garden, different to these but along similar lines and at the local garden centre its over £150.  Wow, I wouldn't pay that for a garden sculpture, not to put in a garden around here anyway!  I also noticed they were selling the same ones I bought but they were charging about £40 each.  Guess who doesn't shop at Aldi because she's too posh to shop there and guess who now has these same sculptures in their garden after I put mine in.  Yep, green eyed monsters!  So, guess how much they paid.  Ha ha ha ha ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment