Monday 21 October 2019

12 Days of Christmas 2019

After the success of last years idea to create a 12 Days of Christmas spinners pack, the woman who runs the online shop where I buy most of my spinning fibre and who also runs the monthly fibre club that I have, announced this years options much earlier this year, clearly she is now aware of their popularity and needs to be organised much earlier to avoid disappointment coupled with the worry of any issues regarding Customs & Duty should the UK crash out of the EU on 31st October.  No one knows what is going to happen as this countries politics is in total chaotic mess.

Once again, we have three options.  All of them will include a 100g hand dyed braid of a luxury blend fibre that works with the colours she has chosen for each option, so the main braid for each option will a different colour.  The main braid will be 60% 18.5 micron Merino, 20% Yak, 20% Tussah Silk, which is the same blend that most of us had last year, although I was one of the spinners who had a different blend.  The eleven small packets to be opened one each day thereafter will be different fibres.  They will all be packed into a hand printed cotton bag like they were last year, although the design for the bag will be different than last years.

Sleigh Ride has little parcels containing 10g of Mulberry Silk in a set colour palette and everyone gets the same colours each day.  This is the inspiration photo.



Frost Fair has little parcels containing 20g of 14.5 micron Merino in a set colour palette and everyone gets the same colours each day.  This is the inspiration photo.  This is the one that I chose to get.  My reason for getting this one was because I haven't had the courage to spin last year's yet as I am not comfortable spinning pure silk, it scares me because its so fine and can clump into a nasty mess very easily and I don't want to ruin it.  I will spin a small amount of silk from a sample pack first before risking this beautiful pack.



Nutracker has little parcels of 20g of Tussah Silk and everyone will get a slightly different selection but all colours will work together.  With this one you have to be OK with getting surprises as they will be all sorts of colours in lots of combinations and could be jewels, brights, pastels, neutrals etc.  This is the inspiration photo.



My parcel arrived this morning, 21st October, but I will add the photos of it once I have my Christmas Tree and decorations up as I want a Christmassy photo of it like last year.  Another cardboard drinks coaster inside the package and that matches the bag and is a different design to last year. 

And just like magic, here is the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment