Wednesday 29 January 2020

SB168 - Custom order for two capelets

Way back in October I was contacted about a custom order for two capelets in a particular colour combination.  The lady knew what colour she wanted so I took myself off to the local craft shop to have a look at what they had in stock and I picked up a couple of things but nothing like what the lady wanted.  She sent me a photo of yarn that she had seen and I tried to get it here in the UK, searching online but nothing for that yarn thickness in that particular colour.  I did find it on a US website, got excited, but then I got kicked off the website with the message that was something along the lines of "You're in an EU country, you do not have permission to view this site".  Very strange but not the first time I've had this happen.  The customer informed me that she would get the yarn, a Super Bulky weight yarn.

Soon after, the customer messaged me to say that she had got the yarn and would send it to me, so I gave her my address.  Fast forward a number of weeks and the yarn arrived with me on 23rd January, along with a few things that the customer sent to me as gifts.  It wasn't the yarn that I was expecting, so that was a shock when I opened the box and was I initially perplexed at what I was looking at, as some of the gifts were yarn.  Once I read the letter that was enclosed and figured it out I worked out that I would have to knit this yarn holding four strands together to make it the right thickness for the pattern as the yarn she had sent was only Double Knit weight.  It wasn't easy keeping it all together, smooth and the colours aligned with each other, but I did as best as I could and I did manage it, slower than usual, but hey-ho.




No comments:

Post a Comment