Monday 7 June 2021

I've signed up to do the Tour de Fleece 2021

After quite a lot of unpleasantness on the spinning chat threads that I used to participate in and having now found a new favourite supplier of spinning fibre I have joined in with their social media chat threads and decided to join in with their first ever Tour de Fleece event, they've never run one and I've never participated in one before either.

The Tour de Fleece is a spinning event that takes place during the Tour de France, or TdF for short.  Teams are formed, this can be a group of friends, a group of people in the same chat threads, or like this one, a team made up of customers of a supplier etc and it can have as few or as many members as you like.

It's meant to be a fun event, but I've never participated in the past because the teams formed from the chat threads that I used to participate in were very strict and demanding and extremely competitive, even amongst themselves, the daily challenges, which were not optional, seemed difficult to achieve and it didn't look like a fun thing to do.  This team is a whole different kettle of fish, very relaxed, yes there will be daily challenges but it is optional whether you take part in any of them and you can spin as little or as much as you like as long as you post photos of your spinning, let them know how many metres or yards you have spun and the most important thing is that you share pictures of any biscuits or cake you might treat yourself to on the journey.  All light and good fun.

For signing up to the team everyone was given a discount code to get £10 off their next order so you can use it now to buy fluff for the TdF or keep it for later use.  I went shopping, obviously, as I just can't resist soft, squishy fluff, especially if it's also sparkly.

So, what did I buy?

This is one of the 2020 Team Blends by Adam called Peacock
and its 87.5% Corriedale, 12.5% Nylon


This is Riddle, one of the Folklore Blends, and it's
33.3% Merino, 33.3% Bamboo and 33.3% Tweed Blend


This is Ruby from their Glitzy range and
it's 70% Merino, 30% Trilobal Nylon (sparkles)



This is Mallard from the Glitzy range and it's
70% Merino, 30% Trilobal Nylon (sparkles)


This is Charm, one of the Folklore Blends, and it's
33.3% Merino, 33.3% Bamboo and 33.3% Tweed Blend

This is Shimmering Cascade and it's 87.5% Corriedale, 12.5% Nylon. 
It is similar to Peacock but silver sparkles rather than rainbow sparkles.


This is one of the 2020 Team Blends by Ross called Mojito and it's
62.5% Corriedale, 25% Nylon, 12.5% Tweed Blend

This is also one of the 2020 Team Blends and its Patina by Lara. 
It is 80% Bluefaced Leicester, 20% Eri Silk

Lots of lovely prettiness to squish but I probably focus more on my British Breeds Project during the TdF, given that the challenges are optional.  To date I have spun 34 of the 57 breeds with 23 still left to get sorted.  Of the 23, I have 6 still to get from the farmers and these are at various stages of contact made/waiting to be sheared/still trying to find a helpful farmer etc and 2 fleece that I have washed but not prepared for spinning yet and I won't be able to get any of those 8 ready in time to spin for the TdF.  I still have a whopping 15 breeds to spin during the TdF, some of which I have bought in pre-prepared to spin and some I have combed myself from raw fleece.

No comments:

Post a Comment