Sunday 27 June 2021

Tour de France/Tour de Fleece 2021 Stage 2

The Cycling: Stage 2 is 183.5km and starts in Perros-Guirec and ends in Mur-de-Bretagne.  The supporter who caused the crash yesterday is still in hiding but is being sought by the ASO with a possibility of taking legal action against her. Today there are 6 lower category climbs than yesterday and an uphill finish. Mathieu van der Poel won the stage.  

Team Challenge: "Today the race leaves Perros-Guirec, a pretty town known for its striking pink granite.  If you got off to a rocky start yesterday then it is time for a clean slate.  Your challenge today is to spin a characterful yarn using rocks and minerals as your inspiration.  You can use colour, texture or both.  

Let's see what sort of gems you can hew from your fibre.  (Okay, no more puns today)"

What I planned to do and what I achieved: Again, I'm not in a position to spin anything for the optional challenge but I did manage to ply my first skein of Welsh Hill Speckled Face this morning.  I have measured it and its 308m/124g of 2ply sport weight, which means that is 924m towards the team final amounts.  I won't wash it until all 3 skeins are complete. I have started spinning the next skein too.


The skein I plied this morning.  It will be washed once I have spun all 3 skeins.




No comments:

Post a Comment