Friday 17 September 2021

I've ordered myself something for Christmas

I missed out on luxury spinning fibre last Christmas, instead spending the money on a fibre from a number of British Breeds for my huge project, but my new favourite fibre supplier have just launched their very first Fibre Advent Calendar and after some deliberation I have decided that whilst it is more than I normally spend on myself at this time of year and it is a lot of fibre to have at one time that it is very good value for money and after the year or two that we've been through with this pandemic we need to treat ourselves with things that we love and that make us happy.

In previous years, from a different supplier, I received a total of 320g of fibre in each advent calendar at a cost of £41.50 the first time (£12.96 per 100g) and £51.50 the second time (£16.09 per 100g), which is a lot of money for such a small amount of fibre.  This one will contain 2kg of fibre, or thereabouts, for £120 (£6 per 100g) and its a limited edition of 250 so once its gone, its gone.  You can order and pay for it now but it won't be dispatched until around about 16th November as they have to get them all put together and also to help people from getting too excited and peeping inside because they can't wait to see what's in the packets.

(c) World of Wool

(c) World of Wool

(c) World of Wool

"Looking for that extra special gift for a fibre lover? Maybe, you want to spend this winter crafting with some of the World's finest fibres?

Our first edition Luxury Fibre Advent Calendar contains 24 x 100g packets of glorious spinning and crafting goodies. We've even added speciality blends, fibres and gifts exclusive to the calendar.

You'll also get access to our daily video 'open-a-long' with Lara, who will give you top tips on how to get the best out of each fibre. (We've kept her out of the loop, so she can experience the daily advent surprise too!)"

I have to say that I am excited now that I've ordered it and we are all having extra special advent calendars this year, the hubby is having a Gin Club advent calendar, my eldest is having a scented candle advent calendar and my other child is having a semi-precious gemstone and rock advent calendar (tiger eye, labradorite, onyx, that kind of thing)


No comments:

Post a Comment