Friday 12 November 2021

Spinning the Llanwenog brick red blend

Way, way, way back at the beginning of the year, 28th February to be exact, I created an interesting blend with some rust/brick red Llanwenog wool.  Well, the four hand-blended fibre braids have sat in a bag across the other side of the room looking at me until this week.  I've been so busy with the British Breeds project that it just got left, until now.  I did decide to make 3 larger skeins rather than 4 smaller ones so each are now 91g-94g rather than 70g or so each.


The final fibre content of this certainly won't fit on a postage stamp, it's 73% Llanwenog, 12% Merino, 5% Bluefaced Leicester, 2.5% Tussah Silk, 2% Soy Silk, 2% Shetland, 1.5% Trilobal Nylon (Firestar), 1% Silk Noil, 0.5% Alpaca, 0.5% Angelina.  It has been spun to approximately DK weight and in total there are approximately 574m so I can make something pretty decent sized with this or maybe two smaller shawls.

No comments:

Post a Comment