Wednesday 21 September 2022

Multi-coloured and Ecru blanket/throw

I quite enjoyed making the pink/purple/red blanket throw so I am going to make another using an array of colours, still sticking with 12 though, and I am going to take it a little bigger and start with 6 centres of each colour, giving me 72 motifs in total for a 6 x 12 formation.



Again, I made a list and worked it out so that two similar colours were not next to each other and that no two motifs were the same, some are similar but not exactly the same.


As last time, I had all the motifs in piles of 6 based on the centre colour.  I knew that this time I was just making it longer and it would be a 6 x 12 formation, which then means that the piles of motifs need to be in two rows of 6 to begin with.  I then arranged them by centre colour, light, dark, light, dark, light, dark and then second row dark, light, dark, light, dark, light and then made sure the colour type were well spread as best I could as I didn't really have 6 light and 6 dark, more like 5 and 7.  

Leaving the bottom motif where it was I then took each pile from the first row and placed it in the third row but dropping it down by one motif and I done this for each pile in turn, row by row until all 72 motifs were out.  Then I had the task of making sure that no two motifs next to each other had the same colour last row and if I did I find that then I always swapped with another with the same centre colour and I kept going until I was happy with that and then done a check on the middle round and took whatever swaps steps were necessary there. The final step was just to make sure that there weren't large patches of red or purple or whatever in one place and that as best as possible that all colours were are evenly spread out as feasibly possible.  Once happy I used some of the safety pins and I connected each motif in place using one of the chain spaces to make sure they didn't get mixed up.

I tried again to figure out the instructions but they are still not working for me as they are written so I know what the pattern is intended to be and how many repeats are needed its just that the written instructions don't add up and I can't even figure out which bit is wrong due to constant noise from one person or another, and not necessarily in this house, neighbours seem to be constantly mowing grass, drilling into walls, hammering and banging and I can even hear one person's washing machine through the thick concrete wall and it making more noise than the one that's actually inside my own home! Its infuriating!

I didn't take as many work-in-progress photos this time, for some reason, so I don't really have anything to show now other than the photos of it pinned out to dry.  Oh, yes, I added the same edging as last time which was...  "Three rounds, starting with a base round, then a round of V stitches and finally the shell with picot edging, with a special version for the corners".


The photos above show it finished but before blocking and the lower one shows it pinned out blocking to shape.  I haven't gotten any decent photos of it yet, I need to figure out how I want to show it off but I will get them when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment