Sunday 25 December 2022

Design A197 - Moss green cotton

I've been continuing to work on making motifs in a range of colours but I have quite a lot of cotton in this moss green/olive green colour and so I have decided that I will make a small shawl with it first and then I can use up any left overs on the multi-coloured shawls.


I've made a few of this design in the past, but not for a few years, with the last one I made being a custom make for a larger version of this.  This one has turned out a little on the small side even though I have used up almost all of the yarn.  I can't even add one more row as I don't have enough yarn to do that.  The left overs from this were just enough to make one single motif for the other shawls that I am working on.

Because of how small this is it is probably best worn like a bib with an open fronted style of coat. This one worn in the traditional way with the pattern down the back will fit either a very small woman or would be ideal for a child.  The only other thing it could be used for is a head covering perhaps? I remember my late mother wore headscarves in the 1970's when I was a small child.


No comments:

Post a Comment