Saturday 25 March 2023

Spinning the Burgundy-blue-green-white braid of merino

Following straight on with the next braid of fibre from the trio pack, this is the middle braid of the three.


I done the same to this braid as I did the first, and that is to split it down the entire length, pre-draft and spin both singles starting from the same end of the fibre.


I'm trying really hard to spin this better than the first braid.  I'm sorry that these photos aren't the best, the clearest, I am a poor spinner, knitter and crocheter who is currently using an Huawei phone, need I say more?  Maybe I should keep my proper camera to hand for W.I.P photos, but then that makes it difficult/time consuming to upload them to Instagram.  Hmmmm, maybe one day I will be able to afford a decent phone, in my dreams.


This one also measures to be of Light Fingering weight thickness but this time I got a little more on the meterage out of it.  Its 103g/562m.  I am thinking that I might not use the braids together in the same project but to use them in separate projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment