Friday 20 July 2018

I've bought some small amounts of fibre

I know that I want to buy myself a blending hackle so that I can start making my own interesting blends of fibre for spinning because trying to add sparkle or other bits and pieces as you go along is really difficult and its almost impossible to do it on my wool combs.  I'm in the middle of researching which one will be best for me so I've started buying packs of fibre specifically for this reason.  They are sold by most places that sell spinning fibre and are usually small amounts of left overs, lap waste or sometimes specifically put together and sold for this purpose.

The first is an Ingredients Box from my regular fibre supplier in colourway Forget-me-not: The pack contains: 20g each of three shades of Tussah Silk, 10g each of two shades of Silk Noil, 10g each of two shades of Hemp, 10g each of two shades of Firestar (Trilobal Nylon) and 1g each of two shades of Angelina (in the little bags)


The second pack are small amounts of blended fibre either from where she has been trialling blends or left overs from blends she's put together for the shop or fibre clubs.  You can't choose what colours you get, she just sells them from time to time as random bags containing a certain weight and this is good just to have lots of options in your stash.  The only draw back is that you don't know exactly what each one is or what fibres they contain but other than that its a fun purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment