Wednesday 11 July 2018

Spinning up Rennie Macintosh

I wasn't quite so enthusiastic about spinning up the second package I got from the fibre club, I'm not a fan of pink to be honest, and I've had a bad cold so I was struggling to do anything but I finally bit the bullet and just got on and spun it up. 

I split it in half across its length for each single (strand) and then broke each half down into lots of strips along its length, with each strip having lots of colours with some strips being more pink, some more green-yellow and some more blue-lilac, making sure I mixed them up as bit as I spun them to ensure a constantly colour changing single.  When I plied the singles this gave a yarn that, at first glance appears to be one overall colour, pink, but when you actually look at it it is made up of lots of subtly changing shades.


Its not as soft as Mardi Gras, the first package, but its not too bad and should be able to be worn next to the skin.  Its come out at 318m of sport weight yarn and its 50% Shetland Wool, 50% Corriedale Wool.


No comments:

Post a Comment