Wednesday 19 September 2018

I've had some goodies arrive

Whilst I was working in the front garden today the postman bought me a nice parcel. One item is something that once spun will make a fabulous shawl and the other is so that I have small amounts of different fibre in different colours to use with my blending hackle to create my own interesting fibre blends for spinning.

This is another Ingredients Box from my regular fibre supplier and this colourway is called Leaf Kicker, very autumnal. The pack contains: 20g each of three shades of Tussah Silk, 10g each of two shades of Silk Noil, 10g each of two shades of Hemp, 10g each of two shades of Firestar (Trilobal Nylon) and 1g each of two shades of Angelina (in the little bags)


This is a gradient pack in shade Sea Shell and its 50% Merino wool, 25% Shetland wool, 25% Seacell.   There are 5 main shades in a gradient pack with smaller amounts of transition shades to produce a gradual shift in colour and not stripes.  All the colourways are limited edition and so quite unique.




No comments:

Post a Comment