Tuesday 25 September 2018

September's Fibre has arrived - Penicillin

Considering this months fibre colour is based on Penicillin as per the letter, it doesn't look mouldy at all.  I quite like it and its a new to me fibre by way of the Llama content.  I've never spun Llama.  I have spun Alpaca, which is often confused with a Llama but they are very different in temperament and fleece, so this is going to be interesting.  Its 75% Corriedale, 25% Llama and it is soft and lovely. She is using some new packaging, that is eco-friendly and whilst it is not recommended to be put in the household recycling bin with other recyclable plastics it is recommended that it goes either with other household waste in your regular bins or to put them in the compost and let nature do its thing.  As always it has come unbraided so I have braided it myself as I think that shows the colour off much better and its better for storage in my opinion.



The colour is hard to capture but it is a greeny-grey with small amounts of other colours.  This one will take a little bit of time to grow on me, I think.  It will probably spin and knit up quite plain.


No comments:

Post a Comment