Tuesday 4 February 2020

Aqua and Pink Falkland

I've been playing with the blending hackle again.  This time I've been playing with 200g of aqua coloured Falkland fibre that I bought back in November 2013.  It doesn't seem that long ago but I'm glad that I chose to blend it rather than just spin it because it had started to compact slightly which would have made it a little tough to spin as it was.

Once again I have chosen a whole load of bits and pieces to put with this to give it a bit p'zazz, including Merino, Silk Noil and Angelina.


I first of all split everything equally into 4 lots and loaded the blending hackle up quite finely as I only wanted to do each quarter only once.  The wool fibres lay on top of each other really nicely but the Silk Noil had to be pulled apart into small pieces and just placed on top of the layers of fibre as putting it through the tines of the hackle would have meant that it stuck there and it would have been the same with the Angelina.  I dizzed each of the lots off the hackle and had 4 large bumps of fibre ready to spin.

I had a lot of waste stay at the back of the hackle with each lot that was blended so I removed this at the end of each lot and lay it to one side.  At the end of the blending I had 4 decent sized amounts of fibre to spin by another method if needs be.


No comments:

Post a Comment