Thursday 15 October 2020

A516 in Powder blue

One more of this design before I move onto another for bit.  This is some powder blue 70% Silk/30% Cotton yarn by Rowan that is now discontinued and I like this as its nice and textured.

It wasn't until after I had finished making the shawl and laid it out to look at it that I noticed that two of the skeins must have been from a different dye lot from the third skein as there is a slight difference in depth of colour at the top of the shawl to that at the bottom and thankfully I have somehow used all the slightly darker yarn first and then the lighter last and the depth of colour change falls right on ridge between two pattern sets.  I'm glad it didn't work out as dark, light, dark as that would have produced stripes, but uneven stripes.  I also made a flower brooch for this one but its a different flower design as I didn't have enough yarn left for the other flower type that I've been making.




No comments:

Post a Comment