Thursday 12 November 2020

B528 in King Cole Drifter - Jakarta

I enjoyed making that last shawl so much that I've made another.  This time I've use one of the yarns that I bought as a potential candidate for the custom make last year but then it turned out not to be anything like what the customer was thinking of.  Its made with King Cole Drifter Chunky in shade "Jakarta" and is 69% Acrylic, 25% Cotton, 6% Wool.


I think this is just about as busy a yarn that this design can take, anything more busy and it will tip it over the edge for me.  The stripes of the lace pattern work nicely with the stripes of the yarn but if I'd used a different lace pattern, featuring leaves perhaps, then this would not have worked out very nice. 

I finally got around to taking photos of the finished item, if it was nearly 2 years later but then I have been up to my eyeballs in British Sheep Breed fleece and Covid Lockdown and all sense of time passed just vaporised into thin air!



No comments:

Post a Comment