Friday 21 January 2022

Design LF433 - Pretty in Brown

It seems that I started making this sometime ago, possibly at the end of 2020, as it's been a while since I made anything and I can't remember starting to make this.  I've really been loosing track of time these past couple of years what with menopausal foggy brain and Covid-19, I really haven't known whether I've been coming or going at times.  Making dated notes is a must and looking back on social media posts helps a lot at times too. 

Since the last time I made one of these shawls, I have discovered that Thomas B Ramsden, the parent company that owns yarn brands such as Twilleys, Robin, Wendy and a couple of others, did actually go into Administration after dwindling profits over the past 15 years or so and they had already sold off a lot of the old buildings and sites that they once owned in a bid to streamline the business and the business has now closed down after over 100 years.  Very sad.

The colours for this one are WG10 Pale Orange (Twilley's Goldfingering), 313 Orange (Anchor Artiste Metallic), 064 Burnt Orange and 065 Chocolate (both Twilley's Goldfingering).  The Anchor Artiste Metallic is almost identical to the Twilley's Goldfingering.


When I picked this project up to work on earlier this month I discovered that all of the flower centres were finished and some of them had petals on.


As I worked on adding the rest of the petals I did notice that about half of the centres were a tad lighter than the others so I put them into two piles so that when I assemble them into a shawl that I can space them out equally across the finished item, like a checkerboard.


All finished, including all the many many ends all sewn in and fringing cut and added.

I finally got around to taking photos of the finished shawl over the first weekend of October 2022.  Better late than never I suppose.



No comments:

Post a Comment