Tuesday 6 June 2023

I've signed up for the Tour De Fleece 2023

Once again I have signed up with the same team to participate in the TdF.  Once again there wasn't the £10 voucher to use on spinning fibre that everyone got the first year the supplier got involved in the fun.  It's a shame that some people only signed up that first year to get the voucher and then "ran off with their loot".  Shame on them and they've spoiled it for the rest of us.  Why can't people just be honest.

Once again the Team organisers have produced a couple of fibre braids, Destination and Midouze, for us to use on the challenges that they are going to set and they have also given us a list of suggested fibres, like they did last year.  This year, in addition, for those who prefer to be organised and those of us who can make our own blends for the challenges, they have given us a preview list of all of the challenges on the strict proviso that we do not make the challenges public knowledge on the team chat boards as other members like to wait until the day to find out what the challenge is.

This year I can't afford to buy any fibre braids for the event and I have plenty in my stash that will suffice for most of the challenges.  Some of the suggested shopping list included Leo, Mercury/space dyed, Pina Coloda, Railway Tweed, Mont Blanc, Virgo, Worth Melting For, Rambouillet, Shetland, Wensleydale, Flax/Linen, Alpaca, Faroe Island and Angelina or Rainbow Trilobal Nylon.  

I have sorted out some alternative fibres from my stash that might fit in with the list.  I have 2 x 100g of Worth Melting For in my stash, so I know I'm good for that challenge at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment