Friday 30 June 2023

Spinning the pink-burgundy-green braid of merino

This is the third and final braid of the Merino Trio of fibres that I have been spinning.  It's been a few months since I finished the second braid as I have been busy with other projects and preparing for the Tour de Fleece which is about to start but at the same time I am desperate to finish spinning the trio before I spin the Tour fibre.


For the third time, I split the fibre along its entire length, pre-drafted and spun both singles from the same end.


The photos above show it in the process of being spun and then both spun singles side by side on their bobbins.  I don't like pink but this has a good amount of very dark, almost purple in it so I am cool with it at this stage, its tolerable to me.


This one also spun up as a Light Fingering weight yarn, although the skein is a little heavier at 108g I still got 522m from it.  The three skeins together are very pretty but I will be using them individually.


No comments:

Post a Comment